Maple On My Mind
- 2.5 oz. Litchfield Distillery Maple Bourbon
- 1.0 oz. Cardamaro
- 1 teaspoon Litchfield Distillery Bourbon Barrel Maple Syrup
- 1 Muddled Orange Wedge
- Spritz of Birch Beer
- Muddle orange, add all other ingredients and ice into mixing glass.
- Stir, and double strain over fresh ice.
- Pour 1 oz. of Birch Beer on top to spritz.
- Garnish with orange peel and maple candy.
Recipe Credit: Christine Short
Litchfield Distillery Maple Bourbon
A local sugarmaker ages their craft maple syrup in our retired bourbon barrels. After the syrup is produced, the barrels return to Litchfield Distillery where they are promptly refilled with Straight Bourbon. the result is a smooth bourbon that highlights the maple’s sweet and complex character. Bottled at 86 proof. #CTGrown #CTMade
Nose: Vanilla, caramel, complemented by a slight maple aroma.
Palate: Typical vanilla and caramel bourbon notes, with a little spicy black pepper heat on the roof of the mouth.
Finish: Medium-to-long finish with nice mouth feel. Perfect amount of sweet maple taste to let you know it’s there without overpowering bourbon notes.