- 2.0 oz Litchfield Distillery Strawberry Vodka
- .25oz Tempus Fugit Créme de Cacao
- .75oz Strawberry Shrub**
- .25oz hibiscus simple syrup
- White chocolate and red food coloring (to “paint” inside of coupe glass)
- Strawberry and heart-shaped chocolate garnishes
Recipe Credit: Christine Short, Zaragoza.
** Christine’s Strawberry Shrub recipe is equal parts strawberries, sugar and red wine vinegar. Macerate 1/3 cold strawberries with 1/3 sugar. Refrigerate overnight and strain liquid. Add 1/3 red wine vinegar.
- In advance, melt white chocolate and add enough food coloring to create a pink tint. Let cool and harden.
- “Paint” inside of coupe glass by rubbing chocolate against the glass.
- Combine all ingredients except white chocolate and shake. Double strain into coupe glass.
- Garnish with fresh strawberry and chocolate garnish.
Seasonal: Litchfield Distillery Strawberry Vodka
Silver Medal, The Fifty Best 2017. Our newest seasonal creation showcases fresh, local strawberries infused with our award-winning Batchers’ Vodka. The sweet ripe fruit imparts a wonderful aroma and refreshingly crisp taste that is perfect for summer cocktail season. We’ve had customers tells us this is the best-flavored vodka they’ve ever had. Try it and see for yourself! Bottled at 80 proof. #CTGrown #CTMade
Nose: Very fragrant strawberry that turns slightly sweet.
Palate: Strawberry forward with slight citrus and red berry undertones.
Finish: Very crisp and clean finish with continued strawberry notes and a touch of pineapple and sweet candy.