- 2.5 oz. Litchfield Distillery Straight Rye Whiskey
- 1.5 oz. Carrot Juice
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz. Allspice Liqueur
- 3/4 oz. Brown Sugar and Butter Simple Syrup*
- Combine all in a shaker with ice and shake.
- Pour into a glass rimmed with brown sugar that has a pinch of ground allspice mixed in.
Recipe Credit: Christine Short
Litchfield Distillery Straight Rye Whiskey
Gold Medal Winner, NY International Spirits Competition, 2022. Gold Medal Winner, ASCOT Awards 2021. Born from 70% Winter Rye and 30% Malted Barley. The rye transforms into sweet and spicy peppery notes while the barley adds a hint of roasted toffee. Aging in special honey-combed cooperage helped increase the whiskey’s exposure to caramelized sugars in the barrel’s char. Bottled at 92 proof. #CTGrown #CTMade
Nose: Prominent rye and cereal followed by black cherry and baking spice.
Palate: Rye toast, candied cherry and clove with spicy pepper notes that are more reminiscent of jalapénos than black pepper.
Finish: Medium-to-long finish with spicy white pepper lingering on the top of the tongue and roof of the mouth followed by a slight honey-mint conclusion.