What’s Old Is New
- 2.0 oz. Litchfield Distillery Barrel-Finished Gin
- .5 oz. Combier Pamplemousse Liqueur (Grapefruit Liqueur)
- .25 oz. Honey Syrup (2 parts honey, 1 part water)
- 2 Dashes Grapefruit Bitters
- 2 Dashes Orange Bitters
- Combine all ingredients and stir.
- Strain over large ice cube.
- Garnish with orange peel.
Recipe Credit: Christine Short, Zaragoza
Batchers’ Barrel Finished Gin
For our second batch of Barrel Finished Gin, we rested our award-winning Batchers’ Gin in barrels that were made with alternating staves of oak and acacia. This balanced approach reduces the oaky flavor while the acacia wood imparts interesting floral notes, which complement our gin’s juniper and citrus profile. It’s complex and interesting enough to enjoy neat. But, also makes for an interesting spirit to mix with cocktails like our “What’s Old is New.”