Remember the Maine
- 2 oz. Litchfield Distillery Rye Whiskey
- .75 oz. Sweet Vermouth
- 2 Teaspoons Heering Cherry Liqueur
- 1/2 Teaspoon Absinthe
- In a chilled coupe or cocktail glass, add absinthe and swirl to coat glass. Discard the excess.
- Add remaining ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir.
- Strain into the prepared glass and garnish with a brandied cherry.
Litchfield Distillery Straight Rye Whiskey
Gold Medal Winner, ASCOT Awards 2021. Silver Medal, NY International Spirits Competition 2021. Born from 70% Winter Rye and 30% Malted Barley. The rye transforms into sweet and spicy peppery notes while the barley adds a hint of roasted toffee. Aging in special honey-combed cooperage helped increase the whiskey’s exposure to caramelized sugars in the barrel’s char. Bottled at 92 proof. #CTGrown #CTMade
Nose: Prominent rye and cereal followed by black cherry and baking spice.
Palate: Rye toast, candied cherry and clove with spicy pepper notes that are more reminiscent of jalapénos than black pepper.
Finish: Medium-to-long finish with spicy white pepper lingering on the top of the tongue and roof of the mouth followed by a slight honey-mint conclusion.