Ribbons and Rye
- 2.0 oz. Litchfield Distillery Rye Whiskey
- 1.0 oz. Rumchata
- 1.0 oz. Whole Milk
- .75 oz. Caramel
- Pinch of Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a shake with ice and shake.
- Drizzle caramel ribbons on the inside of a martini glass.
- Double strain cocktail into glass.
- Optional: sprinkle salt onto glass rim.
Recipe Credit: Christine Short
Litchfield Distillery Straight Rye Whiskey
Gold Medal Winner, NY International Spirits Competition, 2022. Gold Medal Winner, ASCOT Awards 2021. Born from 70% Winter Rye and 30% Malted Barley. The rye transforms into sweet and spicy peppery notes while the barley adds a hint of roasted toffee. Aging in special honey-combed cooperage helped increase the whiskey’s exposure to caramelized sugars in the barrel’s char. Bottled at 92 proof. #CTGrown #CTMade
Nose: Prominent rye and cereal followed by black cherry and baking spice.
Palate: Rye toast, candied cherry and clove with spicy pepper notes that are more reminiscent of jalapénos than black pepper.
Finish: Medium-to-long finish with spicy white pepper lingering on the top of the tongue and roof of the mouth followed by a slight honey-mint conclusion.