A search for the perfect cocktail to share on Valentine’s Day landed us at Zaragoza in New Milford, where previous Mixology Spirit guest Christine Short was on hand to create a delicious cocktail she calls, Cupid’s Coupe.
Christine never fails to combine great taste with fabulous presentation. We hope Cupid’s Coupe helps lift your spirits on this Valentine’s Day. Whether it is the start of a wonderful, unforgettable evening (we bartenders have heard stories of everything from latex to heavy hitch nights following a few cocktails at our establishment), or the way to round off a great romantic day, this drink is a perfect choice for singles and couples alike on this special day. We hope you’ll enjoy drinking it. Cheers!
- 2oz Litchfield Distillery Strawberry Vodka
- .25oz Tempus Fugit Créme de Cacao
- .75oz Strawberry Shrub**
- .25oz hibiscus simple syrup
- White chocolate and red food coloring (to “paint” inside of coupe glass)
- Strawberry and heart-shaped chocolate garnishes
- In advance, melt white chocolate and add enough food coloring to create a pink tint. Let cool and harden.
- “Paint” inside of coupe glass by rubbing chocolate against the glass.
- Combine all ingredients except white chocolate and shake. Double strain into coupe glass.
- Garnish with fresh strawberry and chocolate garnish.
** Christine’s Strawberry Shrub recipe is equal parts strawberries, sugar and red wine vinegar. Macerate 1/3 cold strawberries with 1/3 sugar. Refrigerate overnight and strain liquid. Add 1/3 red wine vinegar.
Click here to learn more about Christine’s work and approach to mixology.