A search for the perfect cocktail to share on Valentine’s Day landed us at Zaragoza in New Milford, where previous Mixology Spirit guest Christine Short was on hand to create a delicious cocktail she calls, Cupid’s Coupe.
Christine never fails to combine great taste with fabulous presentation. We hope Cupid’s Coupe helps lift your spirits on this Valentine’s Day. Cheers!
- 2oz Litchfield Distillery Strawberry Vodka
- .25oz Tempus Fugit Créme de Cacao
- .75oz Strawberry Shrub**
- .25oz hibiscus simple syrup
- White chocolate and red food coloring (to “paint” inside of coupe glass)
- Strawberry and heart-shaped chocolate garnishes
- In advance, melt white chocolate and add enough food coloring to create a pink tint. Let cool and harden.
- “Paint” inside of coupe glass by rubbing chocolate against the glass.
- Combine all ingredients except white chocolate and shake. Double strain into coupe glass.
- Garnish with fresh strawberry and chocolate garnish.
** Christine’s Strawberry Shrub recipe is equal parts strawberries, sugar and red wine vinegar. Macerate 1/3 cold strawberries with 1/3 sugar. Refrigerate overnight and strain liquid. Add 1/3 red wine vinegar.
Click here to learn more about Christine’s work and approach to mixology.